Thursday 10 March 2011

Day 4 continued

Today has felt like swimming upstairs through treacle all day. I think my shoulders are about to pack up (too much quilting) and my back is complaining (too much everything)

However, things did consolidate somewhat. The Hedge piece and Red piece from the first post are now blocked, bound, and nearly done. The Red piece has a title (Hollow Ground). The cushion is finished and filled (sorry about the poor image). I made about 30 more cards last night so I have a basketful to put out for sale (not all trees, I confess, some boats crept in)

And I made this rather delicious piece of Faux Chenille to play with tomorrow, and got the Green Tiger blocks above sewn together to make a new background (quite a big one, it's 3ft 6ins by 4ft 6ins - I think this will have a lot of very skinny dark green batik trees and possibly a Sun.. It's interesting that this was my first idea for these blocks, and I have made several large and lots of small quilts with them, none of these the least bit like this one...

Probably the most important job was a decision on the 25 tree blocks that have been harrassing me. More on that tomorrow... I did rearrange them though...