Tuesday 25 December 2018

Redemption

Now, the Christmas story is a most powerful meme - the concept of a helpless god, and of forgiveness..
We went to a concert on Saturday, at Snape Maltings - Cara Dillon and her lovely band made a most delightful and sincere show, beautifully on-concept and staged with perfection..
And on the way back, trying not to cough (I really did not want to cough!) I thought about the power of this story, and what we can and should read into it, Christian or no...

And today, because we really don't do all that eating-and-drinking-to-a-stupor thing, or decorations, or dreadful TV, I redeemed my workroom at home.. Most people never see this little space, and sometimes I just shut the door on it for a few days, ignore the chaos. Sometimes it's a sanctuary, too, a gentle place to spend time with the radio and my thoughts..
So, Before






And After...






And I found no end of nice projects to play with, treasures in corners, and trash...