Thursday 27 February 2020

The Kindness of Friends, and A Madness of Spoons

In the post yesterday, this delightful (and perfect-sized) tea-cosy, to add sparkle, and practical glamour to my Home Improvement tea-pot. Bless you, Jackie, for your grace and thoughfulness, and your lovely work

And my good friend Aitchbee came around and shuffled this big bookcase for me, so that the living-room becomes liveable, and mine  The space behind the TV where the big bookcase was is now a bit more civilised (although the mungle of wires has not been beaten into soggy submission yet) and I have hung up the picture - this was the gift I gave to John the first Christmas we spent together. It was years before we could afford to frame it, and this lovely lino-cut lived in a clip frame till we got this big blue frame. I remember it was rather more than I could afford, and that I never regretted it...

So, here's my comfy chair, and I'm sitting in in in front of the fire
And Spoons? Oh, they get madder and madder...