Sunday 8 January 2012

Saturday, and Sunday, Time To Say No





I feel a bit mushroomy.  In the dark and covered in brown stuff...

Long conversation this week and last on the Quiltart list about "Words for the Year", with a lot of serious and frivolous suggestions on all sorts of lines.  I like the idea, but one word may not be enough?

Anyway, last night I was working alone at about 5 pm, and it came to me very strongly, that my word for the year is going to be No.

No, I don't want to do that boring and unprofitable job.

No, I don't want to be bullied by your preferences in food or fabric, or any other damned thing, thanks all the same.

No, I won't run after you if you forget to contact me about your "important" job/part/project/whatever.

No, I won't be sorry to say No, more often.

So that I then have time to say Yes to the things I really want to do..

Happy New Year and Blessings All