Thursday 26 March 2020

Stove, in



Pictures in no particular order...
Up-a-ladder by myself, because, well, there seems to be a shortage of other people in my house.. The worst bit (after cutting the big hole in the roof, with a power jigsaw, on top of a not-firm ladder, was the endless up-and-down to find the next tool, rescue the bag of screws, etc.all of which would have been so much ameliorated by even the most slow, disabled, or silly helper. Cat, sadly, is below all those levels..  The bucketfull of kindling, nicely symbolic, was the first lighting from the roof out-cut.
And then she decided that the summer-house with heat was not acceptable, until last night, when (as it was absolutely freezing) she deigned to come and join me for a while...

It's a refuge, a bolt-hole, a space not quite full of Stuff, and we loved to spend our time out here all summer, meals, reading, peace and quiet. Now it's just me, the house is still freezing (no oil yet) and I'm so pleased to be able to put the kettle on and sit with my computer.. Might even get some work done, who knows?