Thursday 19 November 2020

Curses of a New Computer

 Almost £2750

Nice enough, shiny and Loads of Capacity, (a Terabyte of memory!) but new versions of software are needed, there are loads of idiotic pre-sets.  It had poor transfer of information and Applications, and Oh! Why does the new BBedit have text in white on black? How stupid? I'm not a 15-year-old gamer nor am I willing to accept the Hipster Vibe thing.

And my beloved Photoshop doesn't work!!!

New version, almost £100. I got robbed first for a download by a stupid re-seller with no manners, had to buy a new version on a disc (which involves finding the external hard drive, adding a connector, waiting, waiting, Grrrrr)

I had not thought about it, but I probably make 500 images a week with Photoshop, and the process is easy and intuitive after 30 years of working with the programme. I just hope the latest version looks and feels like the older ones, will accept my pre-sets, and will not cause bald patches

Meanwhile, some photos processed before the grand move

Roadkill

Late wing


Octopus and moon


Exploded Light

Sandbag


And

Death of Literacy

Bless Tesco, they do try...