Thursday 28 June 2018

HB doesn't "do" dyes

But she and Heather came over today and seem to have managed somehow

HB's indigoes, washed out and waving nicely in the breeze

I think she gets this..

Left mine washing, will hang them out tomorrow and do more.  Making blue fabrics, threads, and lace for little Textile Art Packs
And I thought I had finished the Procion wash-outs, only to find three buckets lurking in the kitchen, now rinsed and ready to machine-wash in the morning...
Before I went to work, I started on the threads which are ready to wind into little skeins
To do this you need a Swift

and a Cheese Winder

Here shown winding

and the Results...

All ready to wind onto a skein-maker (deeply technical bit of plywood) and make into Stock...
Now, suppertime, feet up, exhausted, like my first indigo dye-bucket. Numbers 2 and 3 going well