Wednesday 13 October 2021

10 days along...

 Superb lunch with Derek and Jill, for which I was most grateful - then a rather slogging drive in small rain and on the motorways to North Wales, arriving almost too late to get in (but not quite). Quite the best shower of the trip so far, a huge wet-room with a stool to sit on and lots of space... Such an improvement on yesterday's grungy waterlogged cubicle...
Seriously hair-raising drive this morning, as the sat-knave decided that, in order to save me a few minutes, I really wanted to drive for 11 miles over the top of the Cumbrian Fells, with first-gear hills up, down, and sideways, and a road with about 6 inches of clearance each side and very occasional passing-places. I only got a couple of  photographs, but I definitely got my money's-worth in scenery

aaaaargh!
Lots of sheeps, all very blasé
Before I left I found a sad punnet of slightly-unpleasant strawberries in the fridge, which I tossed out for the crows (the seagulls were not interested, no chips)

Much appreciated...
I'm right in the bottom corner of the site,;very peaceful apart from the faint hum...
And this lovely silver sunset. 
I'm showered, clean, fed, and have an audio book on and am definitely for an early night...