Thursday 7 October 2021

Day 4, a pilgimage and amusements while it rains gently

Lots of images, in randomised-blogger-style
Sunrise this morning, about 7:30, soft and beautiful

I cycled across to Holy Island - here is my Blue Bicycle enjoying the  Causeway - the hut is for people too silly to read tide-tables. Apparently only 40 cars have been lost in the last 6 years, so maybe that hut isn't needed too much

Afternoon tea, with home-made chocolate cake kindly provided by Irene yesterday

Hedges and the lovely distance - I'm out of practice with the bike and ran out of gears on the hills

But this meant I could lean on gates and enjoy the spectacular view

Brent geese on the mudflats. I also saw several huge skeins heading North

Pilgrim Path - the posts mark a barefoot path which cuts a fair lump off the distance to the Island. I saw several people walking it, but they were too far away to photograph. The Island was very busy and the car park was full

So nice to see the blue hills

Brownery - this is what you get later in the year, after greenery

And more brownery

Later, it rained gently, so I set up the radio and the sewing machine and am watching the day dimming gently as I write this. I brought various ready-cut quilt blocks, unfortunately, the first set has a lot missing, as I obviously cannot count when preparing a long journey.. Not a problem I will either find more fabric or they can wait till I get home...

Like so...

And I have a bunch of postcards ready to send out tomorrow, all written and stamped.
Tomorrow I'm going to do "vanwork" (like housework but smaller and more toilet-and-water-emptying) and am driving into a Foreign Country (Scotland), much of which will involve the Edinburgh ring road...