Saturday 9 October 2021

Day 6 - Wet, wet, wet...

 My planned bike ride was somewhat washed out - I got back soaked and have spent a quiet day indoors gently steaming...


Damp squirrel
More astounding woodland - they certainly know how to grow trees around here
Nicely lumpy old tree
I made quilt blocks, pressed and have started trimming. This will be BugzAndFrogz
The Craft Centre ( a guitar shop and a leatherworker) was firmly closed after a long uphill drag
This is Balbirnie House, now a hotel. Palladian splendour in the local yellow stone
And a rather surprising fence of Love Locks
Right at the top of the grounds is this teeny stone circle, most unfortunately no longer in it's proper place, as apparently it was moved when the road was widened. It was damp and ever-so forlorn
Noted as a "hearth" but bearing a firm resemblance to a small coffin
Stones
Stones
Stones, and the obligatory sign
So, I came back down at some speed and hied myself to the local coffee-shop - lovely chair (I sat on the other one)
Coffee and a really nice brown teacake vanished at speed, then back to drip gently - it's cosy inside with the radio on and the kettle likewise
And I met this delightful bouncy pup, whose kind human lifted the bike back onto the wagon for me.. Nice man...
Now it's dark, and very quiet, and I've had a really nice Chinese takeaway, and I'm going to read and sleep...