Monday 4 October 2021

Day One - Not Much To See

 Lots of rather familiar roads taken at a stately 50 mph, the big wagon is fun to drive but the stereo is not working!  Pitched up at a terrifically tidy and conventional campsite just off the A1, all modern conveniences which I will take advantage of in the morning. I'm exhausted, it's been a hard couple of days. And, I'm really cross with myself, I didn't remember to bring the New Map Book!

At the Farm Cafe for a spot of lunch - I stopped at the Highway Nursery for breakfast and to purchase seeds as a gift

Tidy tree, may not escape
Halo?

Tropicality
Not very wildlife. It was nice when I got here but now it's raining hard, so I suspect a quiet evening with a book beckons
Here I am!

And, the big beastie turns out to be called Bumble...

More tomorrow