Tuesday 12 October 2021

Day 9, and a long drive...

 ...more than 4 hours -while the big beastie is quite a zen drive, as it can't be hurried and is soothing in so many ways, this left me tired, with sore feet, and glad of an entertaining evening (and a lovely supper) with a fellow sewing-machine nut enthusiast. And a jolly Zoom quiz, which I didn't win, probably a good move..

Not so many images today -the scenery was as spectacular as any I've seen so far, but the stopping-places, as always, were never at the best points. I have decided that garden centres are the places to stop for refs, as they have nice loos, good cafes, and big car-parks not much divided up by stones...

So far, what have I learned? I can be self-sufficient, but I knew that pretty well anyway. I like company, but not too much, and the passing dog-walkers are enough some days. Then again, the supper and Zoom and inspecting machines and two crazy pups was fun...

It's hard to manage the big wagon in small towns, and it's always hard to park cleanly, but when I drive I am happy with the way it and I behave together. I have almost mastered it's little foibles.

I have a terrible tendency to accumulate Stuff, which hasn't gone away with a smaller space

I had hoped to eat better, but not so far. On the other hand, I am enjoying the simplicity of a tiny kitchen and I haven't gone hungry.

It's really nice just to read in bed, to go to bed early and sleep until I have finished sleeping

Campsites vary. Yesterday's was fantastic, and really clean. Tonight's shower room was utterly horrid, swimming in water, torn lino, no hooks, miles from the van. Prices vary wildly and bear no relation to the facilities...

Images have finally loaded, phew!

This morning, Arran was basking in sunlight
Hazy but delightful
This is St Bees - view from the edge of the site, 3 feet from the wagon
Off to the right
And directly in front. I can hear the sea gently washing the pebbles, I think this will be quite a restful night..