Monday 11 October 2021

Day 7, once more, with pictures...

 As soon as I'm off the road, I'll post

So, here I am at Culzean Castle, and herewith day seven's post. I suspect the huge wall around the site did nothing for the phone and 'net reception. Nice site, clean, good showers, but their "short walk" was over 7 miles on muddy woodland tracks and by the time I got back I was utterly shattered. Worth the trek, perhaps?  The usual slightly random order for the images, I have no patience with the vagaries of Blogger uploading.

Autumn colour
Sunrise after a rainy night
And the Blue Bicycle is ready to go...
Autumn Colour at Blair Drummond
Biggest walled garden I have ever seen
And I was wrong about the biggest Monkey Puzzle tree - this one was by the entrance and was (is) stupendous!
Magnificent woodlands
And a burr to beat all burrs. My Inner Woodturner was salivating gently

Fairy rings everywhere
and little arrangements on stumps
Trees so tall I got dizzy looking up
Exploding fungi
Another wee city i the stumpery
Very large logs
Decorative browneries
After 3 miles, and I was beginning to despair of getting to the "farm shop" I was promised, this lovely rainbow and the accompanying shower

And a pretty isolated graveyard - this skeleton adorning a doorway
Another rainbow (this on the way back)
What an epitaph!

Assorted Celtic crosses
Wobbly tombs
This astonishing huge wall of Drummonds
And a roadkill - Guiness hat
These have taken over a hour to upload. Today's stuff after supper, I think