Friday 8 October 2021

Day 5 - Surprisingly photogenic after all

Day started well, with another glorious sunrise but the road North was wet and rather dreary, and very windy..
...and it's remarkably hard to find places to stop where the scenery is worth looking at - it seems that all the lay-bys are in boring bits. I did get to stop at the Border and say Hello Scotland! My first foreign country since early 2019
This from the same stopping-place
And this
And this
And this - that looks like the sea but I think it's plastic
Now I'm at Markinch, a delightful Fife village, on a seriously woody campsite

Here's Blue Bicycle lurking

Lovely (and huge) trees, just turning nicely autumnal
Big trees!
And places for small bugs, I think
This is the Tent Place (not occupied at present)
The gate house - I'm on a part of the Balbirnie Hall land here. The park looks interesting; has a stone circle and a Craft Centre, and, I suspect, teas. I plan to get Blue Bike out tomorrow as it's perfect cycling country

Some of the woods have lost something
This on a nearby church
Local War Memorial has this lovely George-and-Dragon on the 1914-1919 side
Two benches which are delightful as well as useful
And a saint, much worn, on the 1939-1945 side
The biggest Araucaria (Monkey Puzzle Tree) I have ever seen
And a mysterious carving
And, not least, some roadkill - sad sock
and sad sack...