Wednesday 6 October 2021

Day three, the sun shines...

 So, I had to re-install everything, turn it all off and on again. Maybe my phone has agoraphobia. Yesterday was mostly pretty wet and wild and windy, and the van shook like a jelly all night, not that this stopped me from being cosy and warm and feeling like the world was no bad place. I had a wonderful cod-and-chips with Jackie, and a really jolly evening catching up, dealing scandal, and much laughing..

Then this morning we drove together to Middlesborough, where she wanted to shop, had a nice coffee in Sainsburys, and I went to Spennymoor to meet Irene, who had a whole lot od sewing-machine stuff to sell to me, including this beautiful Boye case - I saw these in the US and would have brought one back if it had been at all feasible


I also got home-made chocolate cake, tea, and much hospitality, in this lovely suburbanity

Both much taken with the big beastie, I think they are going to look at buying one..
So I'm here on the edge of the world, looking out over towards Holy Island, with big skeins of geese calling, and the last of the sunshine

This has got to be one of the most beautiful places in these islands...
This, by the level crossing on the road in, some variety of ruins, I may walk down and look tomorrow. If the tides permit I may go over to the Island as well..
All, this, and supper, hot showers and a sewing-machine on the table. Happiness...